PAYMENT OF DEPOSIT INDICATES AGREEMENT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS; AND AGREEMENT TO COMPLETE, SIGN AND RETURN OUR APPLICATION, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WHICH MUST BE SUBMITTED TO COMPLETE THE SIGN UP PROCESS. ALL AMOUNTS AND REFERENCES ARE MADE ON A PER PERSON BASIS.
You must be 18 years old (except for minors accompanied by a parent or designated responsible adult) and in acceptable health to travel on one of our tours. Acceptance of your booking is subject to our review of your application. We retain the right to request medical clearance or any other information or to refuse any applicant for any tour at any time for any reason whatsoever, at our sole discretion.
Inclusions and exclusions for custom travel are detailed in your individual itinerary and for Asia Transpacific Journeys scheduled group trips in the group itinerary.
For all travelers, deposit and payments (per person) are required as follows:
At time of booking:
• A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 per person, is due.
At time of confirmation:
• 50% of remaining land cost, per person, is due.
• For all airfare booked by Asia Transpacific Journeys (including flights within Asia), 100% of airfare costs are due.
60 days prior to departure:
• Final payment is due. If your booking is made within 60 days of departure, the entire cost of the trip must be paid at the time of confirmation in order to secure arrangements.
PAYMENT TERMS: We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, wire transfer or personal check. It is simplest to make credit card payments online at www.AsiaTranspacific.com/Payment. All other credit card payments require a signed credit card authorization form for each charge.
All trips are quoted and billed on a package basis. We cannot provide detailed cost breakdowns.
AIRFARE: All airfare is subject to change until ticketed. Tickets will be issued upon receipt of your full payment of airfare, due at time of confirmation.
You are required to provide us with your full name (first, middle and last name), gender and birth date, exactly as they appear on your passport. Failure to provide us with the correct information may result in significant airline penalties and increased fares for which you are responsible. In addition, Asia Transpacific Journeys will administer a $75 per person surcharge for any changes made after airline tickets have been booked.
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: On all Small Group Trips, a single supplement must be paid under the following conditions:
1. If single accommodations are requested, (once requested, single supplement changes are not allowed without prior approval, or penalties may apply)
2. If we cannot match you with a same gender roommate.
3. If you reject your roommate either before or during the trip (a room of your own is not guaranteed in this instance, and is subject to availability).
Your trip cost includes the following types of insurance:
• $200,000 per person for emergency medical evacuation expenses, including repatriation of remains.
• $5,000 per person for medical care due to accident/sickness.
Asia Transpacific Journeys does not provide trip cancellation, interruption, air ticket cancellation, lost baggage and supplemental medical insurance. We highly recommend considering these additional coverages. If you book your insurance through our recommended provider, Travel Insurance Select, and would like any pre-existing conditions covered, your policy must be purchased within 14 days of confirmation. Other carriers may have different terms for pre-existing conditions.. Upon booking your trip we will send you information on travel insurance. Additionally, check with your personal health insurance provider to make sure your policy covers you in all countries where you will be traveling.
We cannot vary from our stated refund policy regardless of your situation. For this reason, we recommend that you buy travel insurance immediately upon booking your travel arrangements. See Travel Insurance section above for more information.
Correspondence regarding land or air cancellation must be sent via email, mail or fax.
For all travelers, land cost cancellation fees (per person) are as follows:
• 60 days or more prior to departure: Your deposit or 25% of all land costs, whichever is greater*
• 31-59 days prior to departure: 50% of land cost*
• Less than 30 days prior to departure: 100% of land cost
* There may be circumstances where non-refundable full payments or deposits have been made on your behalf for airfare, ship or other charters, hotel or other custom arrangements that will supersede the above policies.
AIRFARE: We cannot assume financial responsibility for losses incurred on any air ticket changes or any airfare cancellation fees, whether issued by Asia Transpacific Journeys or independently. We strongly recommend against the purchase of non-changeable and/or non-refundable air tickets.
ADDITIONAL FEES: If you cancel or re-schedule your trip for any reason, we are not responsible for additional expenses incurred in preparation for the trip (i.e., visa fees, equipment, medical expenses, etc.)
PASSPORTS: We cannot assume financial responsibility for situations where an individual's passport is not valid for his or her itinerary. Per government requirements, all travelers must have a blank page for each country they will visit. Passports must be valid for 6 months BEYOND your trip return date.
VISAS/ENTRY PERMITS: We cannot assume financial responsibility for situations where a visa or entry permit for an individual is denied, restricted or not obtained in a timely manner. We strongly urge you to confirm your visa arrangements and requirements with the appropriate embassy, consulate or reputable visa service prior to travel.
SMALL GROUP TRIPS: We retain the right to cancel any itinerary prior to departure. In such case, full refund of all monies paid toward land cost and airfare booked by Asia Transpacific Journeys as part of the itinerary constitutes full settlement. We are not responsible for change or cancellation fees for any airfare other than that booked by Asia Transpacific Journeys as part of the itinerary. Whether purchased independently or through Asia Transpacific Journeys, we strongly advise against the purchase of non- changeable and/or non-refundable air tickets.
Revised February 2015