Borneo Itinerary Example
Please wait while we load the requested content
There was an error retrieving the requested page.
Please refresh the page and try again.
These is a sketch of what your Custom Journey to Borneo might look like. It is intensely focused on the wildlife of Borneo, and is but one suggestion. We can create a custom Borneo tour package entirely from scratch, based on your available time, interests, budget, and preferred pace.
SAMPLE A: Iconic Borneo | 15 Days
||Fly to Kota Kinabalu, Borneo.
||Kota Kinabalu. Drive through Sabah's lush rainforests, and check into your resort on the South China Sea.
Enjoy a full-day tour by boat to Gaya and Sapi Islands. Snorkel in crystal clear waters teeming with fish.
Fly to Gunung Mulu. Begin your explorations of Gunung Mulu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, home to 60 mammal and 262 bird species.
||Gunung Mulu National Park. Explore world's largest cave chamber, impressive stalactites, stalagmites and flow-rocks. Look for the stunning Rajah Brooke's birdwing butterflies, swiftlets and their coveted nests.
This morning explore Clearwater cave. Fly to Sandakan for the night.
This morning speedboat to Selingan Island. Explore Turtle Island National Park, nesting ground for endangered green and hawksbill turtles. See green turtles come ashore to lay their eggs on the beach.
Boat back to Sandakan. Transfer to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre. Observe orangutans as they interact with each other in their natural habitat. Other protected animals brought here include Malay sun bears, baby elephants, wild cats and even crocodiles.
Visit Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary. Look for the Asian elephant, Sumatran rhino, hairy-nosed otters, tortoises, and the freshwater terrapin. Climb to an observation platform high in the trees to look for wild elephants, proboscis monkeys, pig-tailed macaque, Bornean gibbon and the reticulated python. Night safari to see the western tarsier and slow loris.
||Drive to the Gomantong Caves. Transfer to the Danum Valley Conservation Area-108,230 acres of virgin rainforest more than 100 million years old. Enjoy well-marked nature trails, a canopy walkway for tree-level viewing, and an outstanding team of naturalists and guides.
||Danum Valley Conservation Area. For the next two days look for 109 species of mammals, including orangutans, Asian elephants, gibbons, loris, giant flying squirrels, Malayan sun bears, bearded pigs, and yellow barking deer. The forest is home to 275 species of birds.
||Drive to Lahad Datu, fly to Kota Kinabalu. Afternoon free to explore Kota Kinabalu on your own.
||Drive to the airport. Connect with flights home.
Plan Your Journey
Every trip begins by us wanting to know you better. For starters we'll want to know who you're traveling with, your travel dates, any special interests you may have and what types of hotels you prefer. You may not know the answer to all the questions—don't worry, that's where we come in.
Use the following questions to help you think about your ideal journey - better yet copy and paste them into an email and send them off our our knowledgable Travel Specialists who can then provide some suggestions.
- Will you be traveling with family or friends? How many people are in your group?
- Do you have specific dates in mind?
- About how many days do you expect the trip to last?
- Which destinations are you interested in?
- Do you have specific interests that you would like to concentrate on such as art, architecture, archaeology, wildlife, spas, cuisine, textiles, religion, sports, schools or nature?
- Do you like to have activities planned sun up to sun down, or do you prefer some downtime?
- Do you have an interest in active travel (hiking, biking, kayaking, etc.)?
- If you are of active disposition, do you consider 2 hours of hiking enough or do you like to go all day?
- On trips past, what were some of the activities or specific things that you most enjoyed?
- What type of accommodations do you generally prefer? Only five-star? Small, boutique properties? Nice, but not over the top?
- Do you have an approximate budget in mind for the trip?
- Are you celebrating a special occasion on this journey?
- Do you plan to use frequent flyer miles or reward points for international travel?
- Do you plan to book your own air or use our company's in-house air department?