Snorkeling the Raja Ampat Archipelago with WWF
INDONESIA SMALL GROUP TRAVEL
Please wait while we load the requested content
There was an error retrieving the requested page.
Please refresh the page and try again.
Scientists recently determined that the waters surrounding the Raja Ampat Archipelago in Indonesia’s West Papua province (formerly Irian Jaya) have the world’s greatest concentration of marine life for a region of its size. Imagine: More than 1,300 species of fish. Six of the world’s seven species of sea turtles. At least 450 species of reef-building coral. The Caribbean, by compare, has fewer than 70.
INDONESIA GROUP TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Small ship cruising, limited to only 12 passengers
- Access to one of the world’s most remote island chains
- Tour leadership by an expert marine biologist
- Search for hawksbill turtles, manta rays and harmless reef sharks
- Birding walks and village visits on extremely remote islands
- Snorkel amidst thriving, healthy reefs that teem with thousands of fish
- Take an exciting drift snorkel through the Kabui Straits
We are in our second decade of running the snorkeling trips for
the World Wildlife Fund. Their snorkeling trips sell out every
year, so reserve your space now to join this exceptional snorkeling
trip to Indonesia.
Contact Asia Transpacific Journeys via email or call 800-642-2742 to join this Small Group Trip, or to talk with an Asia Travel Specialist to see if it's the trip for you. For detailed information about this journey, click the icon in the upper right to download the daily itinerary.
- All accommodations
- Meals indicated by B, L, D in the itinerary
- Gratuities for local staff
- Entrance fees
- Group airport transfers and group baggage handling at
- Airport departure taxes
- Services of a tour leader and local guides
- All activities as described in the itinerary
- Visa fees
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Emergency Medical
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials including logistical,
reading, and packing suggestions
- Some departures include internal airfare in the cost, please
download the trip pdf for details